Requirements for Admission
Students who have a background in math, science, or engineering are encouraged to apply. Undergraduate degrees in these areas are not required. However, applicants need to show that they are capable of success in graduate-level science and mathematics courses. Specific background requirements and prerequisites will depend on the science track to which the applicant is applying. We offer the following four science tracks: Biotechnology, Computational Science, Science Instrumentation, or Environmental Science.
Please review the University of Utah Graduate School minimum admission requirements and general admission information located at the following URL before applying: http://gradschool.utah.edu/graduate-catalog/admissions.
The Professional Master of Science and Technology Program accepts applications for Fall semester only. Our application deadline is February 1. Applications that are not received by our program by the February 1 deadline may not be reviewed. If you are considering applying after the February 1 deadline, please contact our program to see if we are accepting late applications.
The University of Utah Admissions Office uses ApplyYourself for graduate applications to all departments and programs. Please review the following program requirements and information before beginning your application on ApplyYourself via the “Apply Here” link below.
- Our program offers four science track emphases: Biotechnology, Computational Science, Environmental Science and Science Instrumentation. When applying to our program, you will see the four tracks listed as follows:
- Prof Master of Science and Technology-Biotechnology
- Prof Master of Science and Technology-Computational Science
- Prof Master of Science and Technology-Environmental Science
- Prof Master of Science and Technology-Science Instrumentation
Please select one of the four tracks when completing the application.
- A resume or curriculum vitae and a statement of purpose are both required when applying to our program. Please be sure to submit both of these documents and include on the statement of purpose why you are applying to the Professional Master of Science and Technology Program. A writing sample is not required.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is strongly recommended, but is not required.
- Our program does not offer financial assistance.
- Students may attend our program on a full-time or part-time basis.
- When completing the “Recommendations” section of the application, please be sure to select the same program for both the application and the recommendations sections.
- Our program requires recommendation forms/letters from three references who can comment on your academic and/or professional qualifications and experience.
- Please fill out the application carefully and review it before submitting it. Once the application is submitted, it cannot be changed.
- Please be sure to remit the application fee payment. The application will not be processed by the Admissions Office until the fee has been paid.
- You may track your application on the ApplyYourself website.
For graduate admissions questions related to the PMST program, please contact email@example.com.